Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A gift of messages

One lazy day with my feet up in the recliner, I came across this quote from Albert Einstein:  "Nothing happens until something moves."  Since I was clearly immobile, this sent me into a hearty laugh.  How funny and how timely, as I was reclining while considering all that needed to be done that day.  Who knew that Albert Einstein had a sense of humor?  Was he sent to watch over me, knowing I needed a boost?  That did it.  I stood up and got started, charged with the power of laughter and a clear message.

Often I find that timely messages appear, steering me in the right direction if I would only pay attention.  Sometimes the message is so clear, I have no choice.  Just yesterday, I had decided not to indulge in my customary frozen yogurt treat after my appointment with my chiropractor.  However, in passing the yogurt shop, I found myself standing on line instead, waiting my turn.  The menu board showed that my favorite flavor had been retired, but I was willing to settle for another.  I asked for a taste, decided yes, and then asked for a cone.  No, they were out of cones until the next day.  That clinched it.  I don't eat ice cream without a cone.  So, I left.  Standing on the corner, it occurred to me that fate had steered me into sticking with my original decision to forgo the treat.  For this, I said, Thank you!" 

So, 

                              Pay attention to what the world is telling you!
                                          Get laughing and get moving!

Salud!


No comments:

Post a Comment