Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"Just do it."

So states the Nike commercial.  Sounds simple, doesn't it?  Straightforward, clear and uncomplicated.  Then, why is it so difficult?  The daily reminders to eat clean, start exercising, get organized all go by the board as I get caught up in getting from moment to moment, meal to meal, snail mail to email, dishes to picking up to feeding the animals, phone calls to text messages, taking out the garbage, on and on and on.  In the end, I am always too scattered to plan meals, too disorganized to find a serene place to eat away from the tv, too exhausted from going to bed too late, trying to get everything done.

What happened to beginning the exercise that will sustain me for the rest of my life?  Gone in another day of endless bitsy details that totally miss the big picture.  Does my awareness of this make it possible for me to get to what is most important?  Only sometimes.

It's time to truly listen and understand and incorporate the simple statement that cuts through all the junk.

                                                                 "Just do it."

To our health!

No comments:

Post a Comment