Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Little by little

There are those mornings that you get on the scale and the number has not budged.  You know you did everything right yesterday.  So, what could it be?  Too many carbs, not enough veggies, not enough sleep, not enough exercise?  Maybe it was none of those.  Why always scold and blame yourself?  Maybe your body has paused to reflect on the changes you've made and is not ready to react with a change in the numbers on the scale.

First, I know there are different thoughts about how often to weigh yourself, every day, once a week, once a month.  I am of the every day crowd.  If that makes you crazy, pick your own schedule.  Since my insides give me no clue about when and how much I last ate, I need an external indicator of what my weight is doing.  However, I try not get hung up on the daily number if I know I'm on track with how I am eating and moving.  My body will eventually do the right thing to reflect the changes I've made and my weight will move down.

I have a lot of faith in the healing power of our bodies.  If I am doing right by it, it will do right by me.  However slowly, it will get to where it needs to be to feel and look my best.

Today,

I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE WISDOM OF MY BODY.
I LISTEN TO THE MESSAGES IT GIVES ME.
I AM PATIENT IN MY JOURNEY TO WELL-BEING.

We are blessed with the opportunity and the means to make positive changes.  Salute yourself for the efforts that you are making are your own behalf.  Salud!


No comments:

Post a Comment