Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday morning, DST, a new beginning again

This blog has been a long time coming.

Every morning, I start journaling for the day, hoping that my own thoughts on paper will get me started and keep me focused.  Oh, sure!  What do you think happens?  You're right.  It works for a while and then not.  This has been going on for decades.  My last "clean sweep" turned up years of notes to myself, reflecting the same issues which I am still tackling  to this very day.  Sound familiar?

Anyway, here goes.  

Eating too much and losing weight have been the main topics of my life back to my earliest memory.  Picture my mother yelling at my grandmother that she was feeding me too much.  All that fatty Hungarian food!  Yum.  Early on, I was sneaking food from the fridge and out of my g-ma's locked closet where she kept the candy her piano students regularly gave her as holiday presents.  After moving in with my mom and her new husband, it escalated to sneaking behind my grandfather's back on his blind side so that I could get into the fridge which was padlocked.

My weight was fairly reasonable at 161 when I left home at 18.  On my own, I managed to balloon up to about 308 in a few short years.  I remember looking at soup, an appetizer and a huge plate of lo mein at a Chinese restaurant and thinking, "this is not enough food."  Scary!  Finally, on Atkins, I lost 80 pounds, but gained a lot back when I went back to eating "normally."  Thanks to an unhappy gallbladder, my weight finally stabilized for about 10 years between 225 and 245.  Until recently.  I now weigh 283 pounds.  The struggle continues.

Does all this back and forth reflect your story over the years?  Maybe, making this public and sharing will help me and you.

Enough history! 


Today's rallying cry:


I HAVE THE POWER
TODAY,
IN THIS MOMENT,
TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN
HOW I FEEL,
MOVE, ESPECIALLY MOVE,
AND LOOK
TOMORROW MORNING!

Here's to all of us!  Salud!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment